Your home is likely your most valuable financial asset, and protecting it provides peace of mind and safety for your family and your possessions. That is why having a home security system is important. According to Alarm System Report , over two million home burglaries are reported in the United States each year. However, despite the statistics, only 14% of U.S. residents have a security system installed in their homes.
There are many benefits to having a home security system, but here are six important ones:
- Your home will be continuously protected.Home security systems are designed to sound an alarm if someone enters your house. When you are away, the system monitors the overall security of the house and alerts the alarm company or authorities if someone attempts to break in. If you choose to set the alarm while you are in the home, you are protected as well. Many security systems also detect smoke and fire, which will alert the local fire station in case of emergency.
- Deter potential crime.A home alarm system is one of the most popular ways to deter potential crime. With the many different types of alarm systems available today, you have the option to install something as simple as a basic alarm siren to something as complex as a home fortress. Many intruders are deterred simply by noticing the signs or stickers signifying that there is an alarm system installed.
- Your system will be internet- and smartphone-accessible.Many alarm companies provide the option to access your home alarm system through the internet or your smartphone. This allows you to remotely turn your system on and off, as well as supervise when people enter and leave your house. Most systems are offered with the option of a security camera that allows you to monitor activity at all times.
- A security system will likely lower your homeowners insurance.Having a home security system in place can often earn you a lower homeowners or personal property insurance rate. Check with your insurance company to find out if you qualify for this option.
- The value of your home may increase.According to HomeAdvisor.com , having a good security system in place can help increase the value of your home.
- It provides protection for people who live alone.For homeowners with limited mobility or older people living alone, many alarm systems are equipped with a wireless transmitter that can be carried around the home. Should an emergency occur, the transmitter would trigger the security system and call emergency services to the home.
To ensure that your family and belongings are always safe and sound, a home security system is a great investment. You may rest easier at night knowing that your home is safeguarded with an alarm system, as well. I am happy to share the name of a good contact person if you are interested.