If you are a homeowner ready to sell your house and move into a new one, let's start with a conversation about your financial goals and which loan program will be right for you. Once you are pre-approved*, it will be time to sell and look for another home that is perfect for you.
Finding a skilled real estate agent will be next on your list. You and your agent can discuss what you want in a new home, and the agent can answer your questions, such as:
- Why do some houses sell quickly while others linger on the market?
- What changes should I make to sell my home faster?
- What new neighborhoods are right for me?
Here are four things to consider when selling your home:
- Pricing your home slightly below market value gives you a better chance of selling quickly.
- Selling your current home might be a lengthy process. While the housing market is hot in most areas of the country, it is still important to be realistic about how long this process can take. When you underestimate the actual time frame and build a schedule around those expectations, you may be welcoming added stress and disappointment. Even with low inventory, a smart seller will allow at least 2-4 months to sell their home.
Here's a realistic potential schedule breakdown:
- Prepare your home for sale: 2 weeks
- Average time on the market: Varies depending on your price point and the current state of the market
- Negotiate an offer: 1 week
- Close with a traditional transaction: 30-45 days
3. The senses make the sale. Buyers want to walk into a house that looks good, feels comfortable, and smells neutral. Be sure to clean well, leave lights on, and perhaps leave out drinks and snacks to make buyers feel like guests. When you are touring potential new homes, make mental notes about the things you notice!
4. Real estate agents are essential. They know all the information you need to make the best decisions when it comes to buying and selling a home. I can recommend a trusted agent if you would like, since I work with incredible real estate agents every day.
Call me today to discuss your pre-approval, and we will start you on the path to your new home.
*May not be applicable in the state of Texas. Please check with your mortgage planner for more details about programs that are available for homebuyers.