When considering moving to a new neighborhood, factoring in your commute time is important. Whether driving to work or running errands, you will want to be within a convenient distance to places that are important to you. There are a few simple smartphone apps that can be used to calculate commute time and avoid traffic.
- Waze - Waze shows real-time traffic and road information while allowing users to tag things such as traffic, accidents and police officers for other users to see. This app also gives you expected arrival time and reported gas prices.
- ETA - ETA allows you to tag your frequently visited locations such as home or work, and will tell you the amount of time needed to travel there from any location. If you are in an unfamiliar place, ETA will give you driving directions to your tagged locations as well.
- Google Maps – Google Maps offers real time traffic and road information, as well as nearby needs such as restaurants and gas stations.
- Triplog – There are few work tasks more mundane - or important - than logging your mileage. Triplog takes the sting out of it by automatically starting when your phone is plugged in and you're moving faster than five miles per hour. With comprehensive tracking reports that are IRS compliant, Triplog lets drivers focus on the road - not on the paper trail - ahead. Triplog is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
- Citymapper – This trip planner will get you where you want to go by stitching together public transit, bike sharing, ride sharing and walking information into one place. Only available in certain cities (so check the link before you download), the app gives you multiple options for getting to and fro, but the cool part for walkers is how it calculates walking time and calories. Sure, walking apps do that too, but they can't help you out if you bail on the journey halfway through. Citymapper is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
- Moovit – If getting there is half the fun - forget that - Moovit only cares about getting you there. This no-nonsense trip planner uses real arrival times to map out a route through public transport, sending updates and push notifications when there are delays. The app also offers real-time buss tracking powered by other users, helping commuters in more than 60 cities from Albany to Wichita. Moovit is available for free on the App Store, Google Play, and for Windows Phone.
When you are ready to purchase a home, I would love to talk to you about your home buying options. I can refer you to one of my trusted real estate partners to help you find the home of your dreams in the perfect location. Call me today to set up an appointment.